It seems to be that all the rumors were true. The new LEGO Star Wars 75059 Sandcrawler set was revealed yesterday at Bricks Cascade in Portland, OR alongside with the designer video and a bunch of images of the set (below). The sandcrawler will retail for $299.99, will come out May 2014, and will include a whopping amount of 13 minifigures.
This is for sure a great new addition to the LEGO Star Wars. This version of the Sandcrawler sure beats the one we got back in 2005. It has a much more interesting design both in the inside and the outside. The previous version was mainly composed of normal LEGO bricks but this time LEGO went a step further and used a bunch of plates and technic pieces to make the exterior look much more interesting.
Like every other Star Wars set, the interior of the set is quite small and doesn’t allow for much action to happen inside. The minifigures fit without a problem but I’m guessing our hands will have a rough time getting in there. Talking about minifigures, this set features new versions of Uncle Owen and Luke Skywalker which in my opinion don’t look that great. Unlike the previous minifigures, these are much more detailed in the face and I feel that actually takes away from the miniifigures rather than adding. But that’s just what I think.
Below you will find the official press release, images, and designer video. I hope you are as exited as I am for this set. Let us know in the comments below what are your thoughts!
75059 Sandcrawler, Ages 14+ 3,296 Pieces
US $299.99 – CA $349.99 – DE 299.99€ – UK £249.99 – DK 2,799.00 DKK
Collect a true icon of the classic Star Wars universe – the mighty Sandcrawler!
Recreate unforgettable scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this amazing LEGO incarnation of the Jawas’ desert-going vehicle, the Sandcrawler. Turn the knob at the rear and steer the Sandcrawler into position, lower the front ramp and offload the droids using the 2 working cranes.
Luke Skywalker and his Uncle, Owen Lars, are sure to be impressed with the selection on offer: there’s R2-D2, an R1-series Droid, an R2 unit, R5-D4, a Treadwell Droid, Gonk Droid and even C-3PO.
When the sale is complete, lift the side panels and top to reveal more great features inside, like the engine, storage bay, cockpit and more. There’s even a speeder bike for when the Jawas need to venture outside.
Includes 7 minifigures: Luke Skywalker, Uncle Owen, C-3PO and 4 Jawas, plus R2-D2, R2 unit, an R1-series Droid, Gonk Droid, R5-D4 and a Treadwell Droid.
Travel the dunes with the LEGO Star Wars™ Sandcrawler with working cranes, detailed interior, 7 minifigures, 5 droids and lots more!
- Includes 7 minifigures: Luke Skywalker, Uncle Owen, C-3PO and 4 Jawas, plus R2-D2, R2 unit, an R1-series Droid, Gonk Droid, R5-D4 and a Treadwell Droid
- Features 8 tracks with steering function, lowering front ramp, opening side flaps, removable top, working cranes, speeder bike, opening hatch for easy access to the boxes, attachable handles for lifting boxes, and a detailed interior including engine bay, storage bay and cockpit
- Also includes stock for old droids and droid parts
- Weapons include a lightsaber for Luke Skywalker
- Sell droids to Luke and his Uncle
- Keep your droids well maintained
- Pretend to suck R2-D2 up into the Sandcrawler – just like in the movie!
- Own your own iconic vehicle from the classic Star Wars universe
- Relive classic moments from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Measures over 9” (24cm) high, 18” (48cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide
Available for sale directly through LEGO beginning May 2014 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO Stores or via phone.